Real Life Low Waste Meal Planning | June 29
This week, as I made our weekly meal plan, I set out to use several of the vegetables from recent Misfits boxes that I never would have thought to buy from the grocery store. Lately, I’ve been in a meal plan rut. Thus, it felt refreshing to search Pinterest with the intention of finding new ways to prepare these veggies I’d never tried.
Searching Pinterest for dinner ideas with some specific ingredient or direction is mind is overwhelming and fruitless for me. But these more specific searches led me to a few new things to try that we really enjoyed and were a welcome change from our same old dinners.
Here’s what we ate this past week for our family dinners (and I included a couple of fun desserts we made as well).
- Meatball sandwiches
- Roasted veggies (leftover from last week)
- Hamburgers and lamburgers (from 100 Days of Real Food) with homemade hummus and harissa
- Old Bay Jicama Fries (using the jicama we received in our Misfits box last week)
- Orange slices and grapes from Misfits
- Chips & Guacamole
- Pasta in a butternut squash sauce with spinach (using a butternut squash from Misfits)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Leftover charcuterie board, our new Friday night dinner tradition
- Banana chocolate chip muffins
- Kielbasa with cabbage, brussel sprouts, carrots, and onions – this incorporated so many veggies we had on hand!
- Pasta with Arrabiatta sauce
- Meatballs (leftover from Monday)
- Roasted eggplant – from last week’s Misfits box