I generally like to (try to) keep our kitchen full of healthy foods and snacks. But at times, my sweet tooth gets the best of me. Such was the case with these perfect clusters.
Working from home last week, I sat at my desk plugging away on my latest project. I really wanted something sweet but knew I had plenty of work to get done. I snuck into the kitchen and, in about ten minutes, prepared these little Peanut Butter Scotch Clusters. Got a craving for an indulgent snack? These might fix your fix.
If your little ones like sweets (who’s don’t, really?), this is a great recipe to get the kids in the kitchen and make something fun together.
Scroll down for the recipe (and don’t tell my boss about the mini break… even though I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t care.)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Combine the butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the mixture for four 30-second increments, stirring between increments. Microwave in 10-second increments, as needed, until chips are fully melted. Be careful not to the burn it.
- Stir in the corn flakes until they are well-covered.
- Spoon out a cluster from the mixture, place on wax or parchment paper. Continue until all mixture is used. Make the clusters as small or as large as you'd like. Mine are a bit smaller than a tennis ball.
- Let the clusters sit to harden in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy.
- These can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g