This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
Since when does cereal have to be eaten in the morning? Who made that silly rule?
I’m not quite sure who decided that (someone long before my time). But in our house, cereal claims its territory as more than just breakfast food.
Today, cereal is dessert.
Adding a twist to these peanut butter scotch clusters, one of my favorite treats, I replaced the corn flakes with Great Grains Blueberry Morning cereal (you can find it at Walmart) and a healthy dose of white chocolate. I complemented the crunchy nuts, whole-grain clusters, and blueberries in the cereal with a few extra dried blueberries for good measure. This quick little dessert came together in no time (with no stove or oven, which seems perfect for hot August days). You could also try making these with one of four other Great Grains flavors: Raisins, Dates & Pecans, Cranberry Almond Crunch, Crunchy Pecans, or Banana Nut Crunch.
With a perfect bit of sweetness already in the cereal, the clusters don’t need a whole lot more to make a great dessert. Because these only have three ingredients and don’t require any baking or cooking, it’s really easy to get the kids involved (something I always enjoy doing). This time, J (only two years old) helped me pull them together … and eat them.
If you love a sweet and crunchy snack, these will be great. Because of the shape, they’re pretty dense. I still have half a box of the cereal, and I’m thinking I’d like to also try making something like a white chocolate granola. Using all the same ingredients, I’d just mix in the extra blueberries before spreading it out on a cookie sheet to firm up. It could be a great addition to yogurt as a dessert or frozen yogurt on a summer night.
- 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips
- 2 cups Great Grains Blueberry Morning Cereal
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave - melt in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until all chips are melted
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, leaving about 1/2 cup of melted white chocolate for drizzling (if desired)
- Make 1" wide balls on a tray, lined with parchment paper
- Drizzle extra white chocolate and top with a few dried blueberries (optional)
- Allow to harden in the fridge for about an hour
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g