Low Waste Weekly Meal Plan – Week of June 13
Every once in a while, we make a concerted effort to skip the grocery store and plan our meals based only on the food we already have. We decided to do that again this week. Thus, our meal plan reflects using up what we had on hand, replacing certain ingredients with items we already had, and making the most of the Misfits Market box we receive each week.
P.S. Receive 25% of your first Misfits Market box with my referral code: COOKWME-YW9VRA
- Tortilla chips (I prefer lime but all the boys like regular chips, so we have both)
- Guacamole – We love this Frontera guacamole mix. Just add avocados and it’s delicious!
- Chicken pot pie – delivered from Logical Living, a local service that delivers all sorts of products from local farmers and artisans in our area. It’s like the milkman is making a return to life, and I totally love it! These types of services are popping up all over the country, so see if you can find one in your area if you’re interested in it. It’s a great way to support your local economy.
- Green beans sauteed with salt and pepper
- Caesar salad
- Toasted sourdough with eggplant spread (leftover from last week)
- Blueberry pancakes
- Scrambled eggs with spinach and garlic
- Slow cooker Mongolian beef with green onions
- Fried rice with peas, carrots, and broccoli
- Pasta with arrabbiata sauce and kale pureed into the pasta sauce using out Vitamix
- Sourdough garlic bread
- Leftover “Charcuterie” Board – this might be my boys’ all-time favorite dinner, so it’s becoming a weekly staple on our dinner menu