Occasionally on weekends, I treat the boys to (essentially) dessert for breakfast. They love pancakes! Really, who doesn’t love cakey-goodness covered in sweet maple syrup?!
Recently, we opted for a little different recipe and strayed from our standard whole wheat blueberry option. With an addition of cinnamon and nutmeg, they have a bit more of a savory flavor than many other types of pancakes.
Cross This Off Your To Do List: Enjoy an indulgent breakfast with your family this weekend! It doesn’t have to be covered in syrup, just something you and your family will love. I’d love to hear your plans in the comments!
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 bananas, mashed + 1 banana, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- In a medium bowl, mix flour through nutmeg. Set aside.
- In larger bowl, mix melted butter, honey and mashed bananas.
- Add eggs to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing just enough to combine.
- Mix in buttermilk.
- Add sliced banana and gently mix in to the batter.
- Lightly butter a skillet and pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake.